[sane-devel] can not convert sane output

Yuji Oishi yoishi@miraclelinux.com
Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:36:42 +0900

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to use imagemagic.
The result is like below.

# scanimage > gray.pnm
# convert gray.pnm gray1.jpg
===>SUCCESS!

# scanimage --mode Color > color.pnm
# convert color.pnm color1.jpg
convert: Unable to read image data (color.pnm) [No such file or directory].
convert: Missing an image file name.
===>ERROR!

Also I tried another way to use tiff format.
# scanimage --format tiff > gray.tiff
# convert gray.tiff gray2.jpg
convert: /tmp/magicXXXXXX: Read error on strip 3; got 2438 bytes, expected 6466. (TIFFFillStrip).
===>WARNING! but I could get gray2.jpg.

# scanimage --format tiff --mode Color > color.tiff
# convert color.tiff color2.jpg
convert: /tmp/magicXXXXXX: Read error on strip 97;got 429459664 bytes, expected 2544. (TIFFFillStrip).
===>WARNING! but I could get color2.jpg.

As a result, my problem will be solved if I use tiff format.
But I would like to know how to fix above errors and warnings.

Does anyone know the cause of these problems?

-Yuji Oishi