[sane-devel] Memorex Maxx 6142U Help

Albert, Patti & Zachary Carter peptiger@pop.net
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:26:35 -0500

All,

   Here is a copy of a message that I sent previously and now I have some
more information.  I recently talked to Memorex corporate offices and they
informed me of a National Sales Manager at Visioneer to contact to get more
information.  He in turn informed me that the Memorex Maxx 6142U is in fact
the same scanner (with a different name) the same as the Visioneer
4400USB.  They both were manufactured by Primax Electronics.  So I have
sent an email to Primax requesting some information.  I thought I would
once again ask for some help to see if anyone has been working on a driver
(or if one might exist already) for the Primax G6 (USB) Scanner(2400U),
which I believe is the same scanner as both the Memorex Maxx 6142U and the
Visioneer 4400USB.  Unfortunately I haven't gotten any specs on this
printer except the same generic ones that I have on the other two from
Primax yet so I cannot say that they are the same or start working on any
drivers yet.

   On another note thank you very much for the information that has been
provided for me.  Also someone stated they believe it is a software only
scanner.  From talking to other people that have this scanner running under
Windows I cannot believe it is because they inform me that it is an
extremely fast scanner.  There has to be some sort of hardware driving it,
because software scanner would only hog more processor and resources to be
as fast as stated.

   Once again any possible help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Albert Carter