[sane-devel] devfsd

Robert Stanford rob@rotapile.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:23:10 +1000

Unfortunately i'm in a special situation, im porting SANE to the Linux
Terminal Server Project www.ltsp.org so we can hang scanners of thin
clients and the LTSP now use the devfs daemon. Being thin clients they
canont save node states over reboots.

Strangely a previous build of sane (1.0.3) that I copied from a RH7.1 RPM
and used in the same way works fine.

The symlinks permisions were (strangely enough) lr-xr-xr-x /dev/sg0
Yet the /dev/scsi/foo/bar/generic   nodes permissions were crw-r-----
Any chmod I do to the symlink affects the target, not the symlink.

Regards
Robert Stanford