[sane-devel] remote scanimage: unable to determine option count

Jon Symonds jprs2@cam.ac.uk
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:06:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I have the latest Sane backend locally complied install on a SPARCserver
1000 (Solaris 8) with a Mustek ScanExpress 6000SP flatbed SCSI scanner.
This works absolutely fine with local scanimage commands and has done for
a long time.

I just cannot get remote saned working. As a client I have a SPARCstation
10 (Solaris 2.6). Running scanimage -L on the client does return the
remote scanner ok. But actually trying to scan from the client gives
"scanimage: unable to determine option count" on the client and on the
server gives debug info:

[mustek] sane_open: devicename=/dev/scg0f
[mustek] sane_open: finished (handle=2f0a8)
[mustek] sane_control_option (get option Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Has anyone got any ideas, I hope (in a way) I've missed something really
obvious!

Many thanks,

Jon Symonds

J.P.R. Symonds                          /      Darwin College
University of Cambridge,                /      Cambridge
Dept. of Chemistry, Lensfield Rd.,      /      CB3 9EU
Cambridge CB2 1EW.                      /      Mobile: 07712-585223
Tel / Fax: +44 (0)1223-336536  Lab: +44 (0)1223-763174  jprs2@cam.ac.uk