[sane-devel] remote scanimage: unable to determine option count

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:14:35 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 05:06:17PM +0000, Jon Symonds wrote:
> I just cannot get remote saned working. As a client I have a SPARCstation
> 10 (Solaris 2.6). Running scanimage -L on the client does return the
> remote scanner ok. But actually trying to scan from the client gives
> "scanimage: unable to determine option count" on the client and on the
> server gives debug info:

> [mustek] sane_open: devicename=/dev/scg0f
> [mustek] sane_open: finished (handle=2f0a8)
> [mustek] sane_control_option (get option Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
>
> Has anyone got any ideas, I hope (in a way) I've missed something really
> obvious!

The obvious thing is: It's a bug in the mustek backend and it's me who
is to blame. I will fix it in CVS.

Look at function sane_control_option in backend/mustek.c. There is a
DBG statement:

 DBG(5, "sane_control_option (%s option %s)\n",
      action == SANE_ACTION_GET_VALUE ? "get" :
      (action == SANE_ACTION_SET_VALUE ? "set" : "unknown action with"),
      s->opt[option].name);

Just remove these lines completely, this should fix the bug.

However, if you also tried without debugging and a similar error
occurs something different may be wrong.

Thanks for finding this one!