[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 4p "no sane devices found"

Bob Soukup bobs@chemdec.natsci.csulb.edu
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:25:28 -0800

I have an HP ScanJet 4p (C1130A) here that I can't get sane to recognize.  I
keep getting "no sane devices found".

cat /proc/scsi/scsi gives:
Attached devices:
Host : scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
   Vendor: HP         Model: C1  0A         Rev: 35
   Type:    Processor           Ansi SCSI revision: ffffffff

Doing "sane-find-scanner" yields:
found SCSI processor "HPml  us C1li0Aqt  .3  /d 35/h" at device /dev/scanner
found SCSI processor "HP/l  al C1rc0Ari  ir  sr 35ST" at device /dev/sg0
found SCSI processor "HPml  us C1li0Aqt  .3  /d 35/h" at device /dev/sga

Doing SANE_DEBUG_HP reports that dev/scanner does not seem to be an HP
scanner.  Also /dev/sg0 and /dev/sga report as not HP scanner.

Anyone have suggestions as to how to get this puppy to work?

Thanks

Bob