[sane-devel] SEGFAULT in sanei_scsi_close()

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:57:44 -0500

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

I am trying to debug a problem with the EPSN backend. Whenever
the backend is running in batch mode to scan via the ADF, the
frontend will crash with a segmentation fault in sanei_scsi_close().

The reason seems to be that one for the free list elements is not
valid, and when the next pointer is referenced, the software goes
down:

      req =3D ((fdparms*) fd_info[fd].pdata)->sane_free_list;
      while (req)
        {
->        next_req =3D req->next;
          free(req);
          req =3D next_req;
        }

Has anybody seen this before? Is this something that could be
cause by how I am using the sanei_scsi functions?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Karl Heinz

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net