[sane-devel] Re: can't get scanner working[SOLVED]

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 18:50:14 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 10:55:20AM -0500, David McGlone wrote:
> after a week and a half I finally got it working, now I want to make a some
> documentation for anyone else using the plustek 9636P parallel scanner.
>
> I would hate to see anyone else go through what I have went thru in the past
> week.
>
> can anyone tell me what, how, when, where, whoever to contact, to make a
> plustek 9636P HOWTO, manpage, or whatever else I can do to get some "EXACT"
> documentation out there?

More documentation is always appreciated. In my opinion it would be the
best if you could point out, where exactly the current docu is
wrong or just not enough. If you want to write a HOWTO for your
specific scanner, it's probably best to put it on a webpage and set a
link to it from your backend's manual page or website (see man
sane-plustek for contacts) or the FAQ (see
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljm/SANE-faq.html).