[sane-devel] Fwd: small problem

David McGlone dmcglone@ameritech.net
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 14:13:50 -0500

Subject: small problem
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:16:35 -0500
From: David McGlone <dmcglone@ameritech.net>
To: plustek <plustek@linuxhacker.org>

Ok, scanner is working great, only a very small problem persist and I think
it is minor.

Only problem I am having now is Xsane scans and seems to be working good, but
it only scans about 1/2 of an 8x11 then returns and I get an error:

Error during read:
Error durring device I/0

any suggestions?

here is a copy of my /etc/modules.conf

alias char-major-40 pt_drv
pre-install pt_drv modprobe -k parport
options pt_drv lampoff=180 warmup=15 port=0x378 lOffonEnd=1 mov=4 slowIO=0
forceMode=1

also, the scanner gets stuck when trying to return to home and make an aweful
noise, yes, I unpluged it, but how do I get it to return back to the home
position without having to boot into windows and using my scanner software to
scan a page?

Thanks
David M.
AIM: dmcglone27