[sane-devel] DevCom Black Widow 9636 HiRes (SCSI Scanner)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham@infi.net
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:40:19 -0400 (EDT)

>From cpinkham Wed Jul 25 15:52:43 2001
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] DevCom Black Widow 9636 HiRes (SCSI Scanner)
To: sane-devel@mostang.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:52:43 -0400 (EDT)

For a second, I thought this was my email which had been blocked because
I sent it from an address not subscribed to the list.  Rather than
requoting what was said there I'll just add a few things here.

Roger,  If you try this and it works, please let me know and I can setup
the Artec backend to auto-detect your scanner model and you won't have to
have these two entries in your artec.conf file.  Also confirm which modes
the scanner works in so I can update my webpage and the artec.desc file
so other BlackWidow users will know that particular model scanner is
supported.

> It looks like the Blackwidow scanner has had its SCSI vendor and product ID
> changed. You can get the artec backend to 'pretend' that a scanner it finds
> has a different vendor/product ID - see the sane-artec man page. Basically,
> you need to add the following lines to artec.conf just before the device
> line that applies to your scanner:
>
> vendor ULTIMA
> model AT12
>
> You might want to add the device name that corresponds to your scanner.

Chris

** Chris Pinkham                  Linux v2.2.18, Sane v1.0.4, Cajun v3.0-8 **
** cpinkham@infi.net                       http://www4.infi.net/~cpinkham/ **