[sane-devel] Re Multipage scanning

Eric Beanland tenrainbow@paradise.net.nz
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:02:55 +1300

            As a new subscriber I apologise if I am asking too simple a
question. I have been using an hp 5P scanner and Paperport in various
versions to Archive old bound books to disk. In my original system Paperport
Version (hp vers. b) and hp Simple Scan vers3  It was possible to use the
Twain button, while in Paperport,to bring up the Picture Scan Task manager,
select the options, and initiate scans from the hp scan button. Paperport
and Scan Manager windows stayed on the desktop and whichever was uppermost
was active. It was then possible to scan subsequent pages by clicking the
Scan button and the Paperport desktop alternately.
                 Subsequent Versions have dropped this facility and It is
necessary to restart from the Twain button for each Page to be scanned. For
this reason I have  my scanner and original software on an old Compac133 and
import the scans to a newer system.
                 How is it possible to set up single button multipage
scanning for this situation? I am currently running with Windows98sp.
Eric Beanland