[sane-devel] Partition table gets altered

Jani Salonen jani@edu.hel.fi
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:44:42 +0200

Hei,

I'm not sure is this problem caused by XSane or some SCSI module, but when I
start XSane without my scanner (Epson perfection 1640) turned on or
disconnected, the partition table of my HD messes up, and there is no any
partitions visible anymore. although this can be fixed afterwards with fdisk,
but is there any clue what really causes this? I've tried reproduce the
problem with Adapted 29160 and Tekram 390F boards, and result is the same, a
HD without a partition table. 2.4.7-10 kernel were used, with sym53??? (for
Tekram) and aic7xxx (for Adaptec) SCSI modules.

. jani salonen