[sane-devel] sane nikon coolscan

Hidong Kim hkim@tscnet.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:55:35 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for the tip on xsane!  I just installed it, and the scans are
looking much better.  Does the sane backend support the Nikon dust
removal feature?  Also, I'm wondering if I have reasonable expectations
for a slide scanner.  The scanned images don't look nearly as good as a
projected image (not surprising), but they also don't look as good as
some slides I've had printed up on photographic paper.  How do the
dynamic ranges of scanned slides and printed slides compare?  Thanks,

Hidong