[sane-devel] error: no devices available

Robert E. Harvey rharvey@icsi.net
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:08:58 -0500

Please forgive me.  I'm new to linux.

Is SCSI generic available (modprobe sg)?
Is "modprobe" a command run in a terminal?   I get the message "command
not found" when I attempt to execute modprobe from the command line.

Maybe permission problems with /dev/sg?

In /dev I find listings for sg0 through sg15 with creation dates of 23
March which I think is the day I installed the card.  Do I need to have
/dev/sg mentioned in fstab?

(try scanimage -L as root)?

Is "scanimage" a command run in a terminal?   I get the message "command
not found" when I attempt to execute "scanimage -L" from the command
line.

Does "sane-find-scanner" find your scanner?

Is "sane-find-scanner" a command run in a terminal?   I get the message
"command not found" when I attempt to execute "sane-find-scanner" from
the command line.