[sane-devel] HP 7400c

Luc Lalonde llalonde@giref.ulaval.ca
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:01:14 -0400

--------------C774D4585DC87DA19C574BA5

Hello Oliver,

I was using this patch:

http://httpd.chello.nl/~j.schoone/patch/sane_hp.gz

However, I decided to take a look at the version you sent me.  After a
few modifications I as able to add support for my scanner.

1) In the avision.c I added a lowercase "hp".  The code seems to be case
sensitive for the identification of the device.

2) In the avision.desc I added a device:

:model "scanjet 7400c" ; name models for above-specified mfg.
:interface "SCSI"
:comment "? pass, 1200*1200 DPI"

This did the trick to get the device recognized by "scanimage -L":

device `avision:/dev/sg0' is a hp scanjet 7400c    flatbed scanner

If it's helpful I can send the diff's to my adjustments.

Next I tried scanning an image.  The scanner gets "stuck" at the
initialize mode indefinately.  This is the part where it warms up the
lamp after being on standby. Any hints on this?

Cheers, Luc.

--
Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: llalonde@giref.ulaval.ca
--------------C774D4585DC87DA19C574BA5

begin:vcard