[sane-devel] HP 7400c

Luc Lalonde llalonde@giref.ulaval.ca
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:33:48 -0400

--------------7D94B751A696836027397205

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to get the HP7400c working.  I've checked out all I can find
regarding this scanner.  I know that it uses the AVISION backend with
this patch:

http://httpd.chello.nl/~j.schoone/patch/sane_hp.gz

I've got the USB->SCSI working with the AC patch in 2.4.12-ac3 and
here's what I have in /proc/scsi/scsi:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: hp       Model: scanjet 7400c    Rev: 0.8A
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02

As per the instructions that I saw on the HP5300c SANE help page I
compiled the latest CVS sane-backend with :

configure --prefix=/usr --enable-scsibuffersize=32768

The "find-scanner" reports:

find-scanner: found SCSI scanner "hp scanjet 7400c 0.8A" at device
/dev/sg0

Everything seems kosher up to this point.  However, when I try
"scanimage -L" I get that it cannot find the scanner.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

--
Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: llalonde@giref.ulaval.ca
--------------7D94B751A696836027397205

begin:vcard