[sane-devel] Sane on Linux Sparc...

Tomislav Renic renic@Envirogenca.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:13:26 -0400

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody else out there has tried running sane under Linux
on an Ultra Sparc.

The software compiles without a problem, but it seems that it cannot
recognize my scanner as such.  Here's the output of find-scanner:

sane-find-scanner: searching for scanners:
sane-find-scanner: checking /dev/scanner... open ok
sane-find-scanner: found disk "  " at device /dev/scanner
sane-find-scanner: checking /dev/sg0... open ok
sane-find-scanner: found disk "  " at device /dev/sg0
sane-find-scanner: checking /dev/sg1... failed to open
sane-find-scanner: checking /dev/sg2... failed to open
...etc...

I'm running it using my Adaptec AHA2940UW.  Linux sees my scanner just fine:

debian:/proc/scsi# cat scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: UMAX     Model: Vista-S6E        Rev: V1.7
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02

.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what I could do to fix this problem?

Thanks for the help,
Tomislav