[sane-devel] Sane on Linux Sparc...

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:11:43 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 09:13:26AM -0400, Tomislav Renic wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody else out there has tried running sane under Linux
> on an Ultra Sparc.

There hasn't been any report at all until now as far as I know. Could
you please give some more details: SANE version, Linux version,
compiler + version, are shared libraries supported and does dynamic
for our supported platforms page:
http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-support.html

> The software compiles without a problem, but it seems that it cannot
> recognize my scanner as such.  Here's the output of find-scanner:
>
> sane-find-scanner: searching for scanners:
> sane-find-scanner: checking /dev/scanner... open ok
> sane-find-scanner: found disk "  " at device /dev/scanner

It looks like the response from the scanner couldn't be understood by
sanei_scsi.c. I don't know too much about this code, maybe there are
endian or 32/64 bit issues?

Can you please try to run

SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=4 scanimage -L

And send the output to the list? The mustek backend contains an
inquiry output, so we should be able to see what's happening.