[sane-devel] First version of the new test backend released

Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:08:21 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 05:11:03PM +0200, mh wrote:
> Henning Meier-Geinitz, Montag, 1. April 2002 13:56:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 10:21:06PM +0200, mh wrote:
> > > One remark:
> > > You allow a three-pass/handscanner simulation in color mode with a bit
> > > depth of 1 (which crashes xsane and xscanimage and lets quiteinsane loop
> > > forever).
> >
> > I can't reproduce this with xsane 0.84 in viewer mode. The scanned
> > image is wrong (if it's not completely black) but it doesn't crash
> > even if I enable both three-pass and hand-scanner simulation.
> > When scanning the preview it complains that it can't handle bit
> > depth 8 :-)
>
> Sorry, forgot to mention, that the crash happens when I scan a preview (xsane
> 0.84/xscanimage from sane-frontends 1.0.7; three-pass *and* hand-held, color
> mode, 1 bit; see bt at the end of this mail)

There was a little error in the preview code of xscanimage. Try again
with latest CVS. I've also added all the missing modes to preview.
Adding them to "real scan" looks more difficult, however.

I guess xsane has a similar bug.