[sane-devel] Binary (worm/virus?) mails claiming to come from SANE developpers

Theodore Kilgore kilgota@banach.math.auburn.edu
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:02:22 -0600 (CST)

Off-topic for the sane-devel list, but:

Even though e-mail attachments with Windows viruses do not threaten me
personally at all, I am concerned very much about security. And I
understand from the security team at Auburn University, where I work, that
basically we can't do very much about things coming from sites outside the
U.S. So I want to ask, and maybe somebody over across the Big Water knows
who to talk to.

Why do I get so many apparent breakin attempts recorded in my log files,
from, of all places, wanadoo.fr? What is happening there, anyway?

Sorry again about the off-topic. If anyone has any idea what is happening
then contact me directly and leave it off the sane-devel site. But how
else do I ask a public question? And I see the name wanadoo.fr right here
in this message, too.

Ted Kilgore