[sane-devel] Sane on Acer 320U & 320P, Fujitsu M3096G, HP3300C

ed mo migua01@prtc.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:06:52 -0400

Ladies & Gentlemen:
Greetings from the tropics (Puerto Rico). I am a PC old-timer (since DOS
1.x), self taught sysadm on all flavors of DOS/Windows/Netware, Basic
and now Linux in several flavors also. Wasn't expecting to use all my
equipment right after installing Linux (done quite a few installations
to try out the several flavors I had been able to download).
Anyhow, I have 4 different scanners which I would like to use:
1. Acer 320U (USB)
2. Acer 320P (Parallel)
3. Fujitsu M3096G (SCSI)
4. HP3300C (USB)
I have followed the Sane development for a bit. My comments are as
follows:
1. Acer 320U (USB) - Managed to get this one working with 300DPI. This
scanner can also do the "interpolation" bit to scan at higher
resolutions. Will this be available?
2. Acer 320P (Parallel) - Any pointers on setup for this scanner?
3. Fujitsu M3096G (SCSI) - This is a Black & White high speed scanner.
The Sane driver recognizes the scanner, but when it attempts to scan in
Lineart mode, give an error.
4. HP3300C (USB) - Anything on this one yet?
Although I am not a programmer, if I may assist in any debugging on any
of the above scanners, I would be more than glad to do so. I think I
read somewhere that the Fujitsu M3096G was kind of untested due to the
lack of the scanner.  I got one and I would not mind debugging it.
Please advise.
Ed
migua01@prtc.net