[sane-devel] Sane on Acer 320U & 320P, Fujitsu M3096G, HP3300C

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:04:52 +0200

Hi,

> 1. Acer 320U (USB) - Managed to get this one working with 300DPI. This
> scanner can also do the "interpolation" bit to scan at higher
> resolutions. Will this be available?

Possibly. I have it on my To Do list, but I haven't started on it yet (and
priority is low, as you can do the interpolation with almost as good results
in software, e.g. in gimp).

> 2. Acer 320P (Parallel) - Any pointers on setup for this scanner?

Unfortunately no. The parallel protocol used for this scanner is unknown and I
haven't heard of anyone who got it to work. It's possible that it uses a
SCSI-to-parallel chipset which is already supported by Linux - in this case
you just need to find out which chipset it is and get the driver for it. But
it may also use a completely proprietary protocol (and, as I'm not getting
tired to mention, Acer refuses to release any specs on it).

Regards,

Oliver