[sane-devel] HP Scanjet C6270A on Redhat 6.2

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:39:40 +0200

Hi,

mailtoarvind wrote:

> Hi,
>      The problem is my scanner is connected to USB port on my toshiba laptop.

> My operating system(Redhat 6.2 kernel 2.2.14) is not recognizing the scanner(HP C6270 A)

> and i know that some module is not loaded which makes kernel to recognize the device but i do not

> know which module to load and where i can find it.

sorry, I forgot that 2.2.x-kernels are not very good with USB. I would
not recommend to try a kernel less than 2.4.0 with USB.

> Also tell me what is does scsi comes into picture in my case as scanner is connected to USB port.

The hints on the page about SCSI won't help you. But the hints about USB
could be interesting for you. Also the link to the home of the USB
scanner driver.

Sincerely

Peter