[sane-devel] Canno Scan N650U and FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE

Ryan Budge ryan@smarthand.co.za
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:00:23 +0200

> Isn't this scanner supported by the plustek backend (somehow) ? At
least,
> it's mentioned in the plustek sources (CVS) and there also was a
discussion
> on this list (March 2002) about this topic .... (?)
>
> bb
> Michael

>Michael, you are right, but there are some difficulties to make this
device
>work without having it...
>It uses a CIS sensor and all other LM983x based devices are using
>CCD sensors and so the code works well at least for them but not
>really for the CIS...

Well I tried it last night. Hacked a bit with usbdevs -v to try and get
the correct product and vendor codes.  I placed it all into plustek.conf
and did a scaniamge -d plustek:/dev/uscanner0 -h.  It staid that it
found the plustek device but no more would it do.

As soon as I did a scanimage -d plustek:/dev/uscanner0 > t.pnm  it
moaned that either it could not open the device or that the device was
busy.

Any more ideas ?...

After reading the mail from Thomas Niedermeier.  I am wondering if this
is not a BSD issue ?...

Has anyone got sane to work on a 4. BSD ?...

Ryan