[sane-devel] Canno Scan N650U and FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE

Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:25:25 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 11:00:23AM +0200, Ryan Budge wrote:
> After reading the mail from Thomas Niedermeier.  I am wondering if this
> is not a BSD issue ?...
>
> Has anyone got sane to work on a 4. BSD ?...

There seems to be a problem with the BSDs' USB stack at least
concerning Mustek scanners. I can only scan once. To be exact, once
the device file is closed, I have to reboot to be able to scan again.
This happens on FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD (not on Linux).

I don't know if it's Mustek-specific.