[sane-devel] [hpoj-announce] hpoj-0.90 is available
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 23:36:16 -0700
I'm pleased to announce that version 0.90 of the HP OfficeJet Linux driver
is now available at http://hpoj.sourceforge.net.
Major changes include the following:
- A new "hpoj" SANE backend for scanning on all hpoj-supported models
(also including the OfficeJet LX and 300 series).
- Photo-card reader support for HP PhotoSmart printers and all-in-ones
with this capability.
- Support for CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) printing (thanks to
- Partial FreeBSD support (parallel-port and JetDirect but not yet USB
- Improved ease of use, especially with device management and scanning.
- Improved setup and reference documentation.
- Numerous bug fixes and smaller enhancements.
I would like to thank all of the people who over the last year have
helped test and provided feedback on the CVS development version of this
new release. Those of you who would prefer a stable version are encouraged
to migrate to this new release, especially if you've had problems with
In addition, I will be at the LinuxWorld Expo (San Francisco) August 13-15,
2002, demonstrating this new version of the hpoj software in the HP booth.
If you are attending this show, then be sure to stop by and say "hello". :-)
Please post questions, problem reports, or other feedback to the hpoj-devel
mailing list. Thank you for your interest in this project.
David Paschal (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
August 7, 2002