[sane-devel] Color profiles with SANE?

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:43:46 -0400

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 11:02:40PM +0200, abel deuring wrote:
> Rene Bartsch wrote:
> [...]
>=20
> >
> >I want to create some ICC-like profile with an IT8-target. But I want to
> >put it in somewhere centralized in the backend or server. There are
> >Linux and Windoze clients and some are only setup for a few hours, so I
> >don't want to do much setup on the clients ...
> >
>=20
> I'm afraid that you will not have much luck with the current Sane=20
> version. But I think that ICC profiles should be supported in Sane 2.=20
> (With littlecms (http://www.littlecms.com) we have a good LGPL-ed ICC=20
> library available, so we _can_ actually support ICC. And with Scarse -=20
> Scanner CAlibration ReaSonably Easy - http://www.scarse.org/ - there=20
> even a calibration tool under development.)

LCMS actually also comes with a tool to create scanner profiles, Marti
is also working on a printer profiler (a little OT for this discussion,
but it shows the potential LCMS has).=20

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc
EPSON Sane Backend:                         http://www.khk.net