Fwd: Re: [sane-devel] HP-Backend asks for a Password (Probably a Bug)

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Aug 5 22:38:55 BST 2002

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 10:18:48PM +0200, Peter Kirchgessner wrote:
> coming back to your problem. I would say it is not a problem of the
> hp-backend. Because it does not handle authorization callbacks at all.
> There are some messages in sanedebug1.txt:

> [net] sane_init: trying to add dominica
> [net] add_device: adding backend dominica
> [net] add_device: backend dominica added

> [net] sane_control_option: auth required
> [net] do_authorization: dev=0x805fc30 resource=
> [net] do_authorization: invoking auth_callback, resource = net:dominica:
> WARNING: backend requested plain-text password
> Authentification required for resource net:dominica:. Enter username:
> [net] do_authorization: relaying authentication data
>
> I would assume there is a problem in the net backend.

I haven't looked again but from the previous logs I got the impression
that saned really requested authorization. So I don't think it's a net
backend fault. saned crashed for some reason. I thought it was hp
backend (or scsi or whatever) crashing but it may be also saned
itsself. On the other hand, there is no similar report.