[sane-devel] Saned problems

The Surprises thesurprises1 at attbi.com
Tue Aug 6 00:01:25 BST 2002

Hi,  I am having problems getting saned to work.  I've read of others
having a similar problem, but I have yet to find a solution for it.  I
have an HP 5100C scanner hooked up to the parallel port of my linux box.
sane works perfectly fine locally.  I have SaneTwain installed on a
windows 98 box on my home network.  When I run saned in debug mode,
SaneTwain works perfectly.  When I try to run saned in xinetd mode, it
fails to find the scanner.  Has anyone had any luck getting this to work
properly?

Thanks,
Jason