[sane-devel] GT6801 CCD Scanner

Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:43:20 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 08:59:34AM +0800, Fan Dan wrote:
> Hai, everyone:
>   I have a Mustek 2400 usb Scanner which VID/PID is 0x5d8 0x4002 . Just
> same as BearPaw 1200cu.

Oh, that's news for me. This id is used for most GT-6801 based scanners.

> But BearPaw 1200cu is CIS and 2400 USB is CCD.

Ok.

>   I want SANE to support it. I reference GT68xx backend to develop 2400USB
> driver.

It shouldn't be too difficult.

>   The problem is when I start scanning , the motor move to start of scan,
> then just stand there and not scan. I don't know why ? I guess that maybe
> some parameters setting to scanner is error. Is that?

Some general tips:

- use the firmware that came with the scanner. Don't use one of those
  from my page, because they are for different scanners

- use override "mustek-bearpaw-2400-cu" in gt68xx.conf

- edit backend/gt68xx_devices.c (the Model struct for the
  mustek-bearpaw-2400-cu), the explanation/declaration is in gt68xx_low.h
  set is_cis to SANE_FALSE, maybe you must adjust other parameters, but
  keep this for later

- try scanning without calibration first (scanimage
  --coarse-calibration=no --quality-cal=no)

- scan small parts of the image only (-y 50 -x 50)

- try some resolutions and modes

When anything doesn't work, send me a debug output, e.g.

SANE_DEBUG_GT68XX=255 scanimage --some options... 2>log >image.pnm

together with the command you used and what the scanner did.
Please send it to me personally, not the list, because these files get
rather big. And please send me the firmware for your scanner.