[sane-devel] Re: Epson Stylus cx3200 MFP

Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:22:42 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 08:04:00PM +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Perhaps someone should tell this to the maintainer of the scanner.o
> kernel module, so that he can modify the module as described and and
> also add the vendor/product IDs.

In theory, yes. In reality, I haven't ever seen any answer or other
activity from the maintainer, Brian Beattie. There are more patches
floating around that haven't been integrated yet.

I guess it's best to send the patch(es) to the linux-usb-devel mailing
list (see www.linux-usb.org). At least my rather simple patch was
accepted this way by Greg KH.

> In addition this MF device should be added to the list of supported
> scanners on the SANE site.

That's a job for Karl Heinz Kremer :-)