[sane-devel] Setting up USB Genius scanner

Jaeger, Gerhard gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 13:20:51 +0100

Hi,

On Thursday, 12. December 2002 20:44, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
[SNIP]
> The Genius ColorPage Vivid 3X works to some degree with the gt68xx
> backend with some changes, and may be fully supported in future.
> (http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/)
>
> But your scanner uses a different id:
> > P:  Vendor=0458 ProdID=2017 Rev= 1.00
>
> So it may have a completely different chip.

I think so too! It may be that they use internal the same stuff
as Plustek - the old parallel ASIC P98003 and a non yet identified
USB-Parallel Bridge. The parallel device Vivid3X uses exactly the P98003...

> As far as I know the scanner is not supported until now. So you can
> either wait until someone writes adriver or start writing one yourself.

Yeap - go ahead, if the ASIC is the P98003, you might find out
something about the bridge, then adopt the Plustek parallel port driver ;-)

Gerhard