[sane-devel] Unsupported scanners now in unsupported.desc

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:28:42 +0100

Hi,

As mentioned some time ago, I've created a file
doc/descriptions/unsupported.desc that lists scanners not supported by
SANE backends. I've added everything that was in PROJECTS and removed
all the driver/backend stuff in PROJECTS to not keep information in
two places.

One web page says more than thousand words, so have a look:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sane-backends.html#UNSUPPORTED

Or in the manufacturer view (example for HP scanners):
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sane-mfgs.html#HEWLETT-PACKARD

I propose to add the following devices to that list:

- every scanner for which some effort is made to write a backend but none
  exists yet (add link to webpage)
- every scanner for which an open-source stand-alone program exists
  (add link)
- every scanner for which there is more information available, e.g.
  the chipset used or logs of the protocoll (add link to that
  information)
- devices mentioned by users that ask for supported scanners