[sane-devel] Need help: Checking in new backend

Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:54:20 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 05:49:36PM -0700, Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:
> I would like to incorporate the new UMAX 1220U backend for the 1.0.7
> release of SANE. How do I go about doing this? Do I need to get CVS
> access myself, or should I have someone else check the changes in for
> me?

Usually the first check-in is done by one of the other developers.
If you like I can do it. But this can take some days. I will first
take a look at the code to avoid some of the  standard-issues (see
doc/backend-writing.txt). If there is nothing that stops inclusion I
will do the check-in.

However, you should also get CVS access yourself to be able to fix bugs
and update your backend. See:
http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/sane/cvs-server.html

> I have available a patch file against the 1.0.6 release that includes my
>
> backend, the sanei_usb_control stuff and changes to the Makefiles.

Can you put it on a web page or send it to me directly (not the list)?