[sane-devel] RE" SEGFAULT in sanei_scsi_close()

Roger Rainey rogerrainey@seafreeze.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:11:06 -0800

I am using the epson 1640SU (Office) and I get that same crash.

After it crashes, the flatbed will no longer work, it makes one pass down
but will not return, then the scanner will not respond to any commands.

The epson drivers report there is no more paper, and sets the scanner status
to SANE_STATUS_INVAL but the frontend (scanimage) tries to scan one more
page anyway.

scanimage -d epson:/dev/sg1 --mode Color --resolution 80  --source
"Automatic Docu
ment Feeder" --batch=out%d.pnm --auto-eject --quick-format Letter
Scanning -1 pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1
Scanning page 1
[epson] option: fatal error
[epson] ADF: other error
[epson] ADF: no paper
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
Scanned page 1. (scanner status = 4)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any help would be nice since this is the last step before my project is
done.

Roger