[sane-devel] SANE backend translations: Go for it!

Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:19:57 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 05:58:54PM +0100, mh wrote:
> Is it possible to add an option for configure like
> --enable-qt-translations ?
> Background:
> QuiteInsane is almost ready for the backend translations, too.
> However, it would be much easier if one could simply generate the necessary
> *qm files during SANE installation.
> This would mean, that all *po files must be transformed to *qm files
> using "msg2qm", which is normally included in Qt.
> (Syntax: msg2qm <inputfile> <outputfile>)

I think that's possible, maybe even without a configure option. Just
test if msg2qm is available and try it.

What should be done with the resulting qm files? Are they installed
anywhere? Where? Do they follow the same convention (sane-backend.qm)?