[sane-devel] Changes to the saned access control functions

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:06:15 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 22:14:46 +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>I have just committed a change to the access control function
>check_host() of saned. Now the IP addresses of the host names in
>saned.conf and of the remote host are compared, not the host names
>itsself. This should avoid the problems with host names somethimes not
>working depending on the configuration of /etc/hosts and hostname.
>
>I haved tried compilation on Irix, Solaris, AIX, Linux and *BSD. Maybe
>someone can try OS/2?

Hi,

for compilation on OS/2 I had to remove line 5 of inet_ntop.c
#include <arpa/inet.h>

Otherwise I get redefine-errors
(probably due to missing
#ifndef ...
#define ...
lines in the OS/2 header files)
But all things defined in arpa/inet.h are also defined in netinet/in.h
so <arpa/inet.h> is not needed here.

Without this #include cvs code from 9.1.2002 compiles and works
(again) for my Epson GT-9500 scanner (mustek not tested).

Access through saned only works (I only tested localhost)
if I start saned with -d parameter. (same behaviour as always)
Without this parameter scanimage -L shows nothing.
I did not try the inetd - approach.

I used the new Xsane-0.83 frontend and even the 'gocr-button'
in the xsane-viewer worked :-)

> Broken Links

>* http://www.quasarbbs.com/yuri/sane2.html
>  Yuri Dario's OS/2 version of SANE 1.01