[sane-devel] Problems with Scanner ACER 620ST

Rainer Hofmann rhofmann@sampo.de
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:02:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to setup this scanner using
sane-1.0.4-79 on SuSE 7.2 (Kernel 2.4.4)
but ran into trouble. I'm using a standard scsi adaptor not the cripple part
delivered with the scanner.

find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner17 0128" at device
/dev/scanner
find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner17 0128" at device /dev/sg0

I've set it up using yast1 as a snapscan.

rhofmann@pc003:~ > cat /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf
scsi AGFA
scsi COLOR
scsi ACERPERI
/dev/scanner

But it isn't found by scanimage -L!?

Used and loaded modules:
ncr53c8xx              52368   0  (autoclean)
sg                     21920   0

rhofmann@pc003:~ > cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: Color    Model: FlatbedScanner17 Rev: 0128
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: PIONEER  Model: CD-ROM DR-U12X   Rev: 1.06
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: YAMAHA   Model: CRW2100S         Rev: 1.0H
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Cabelling und connection seems to be OK, since it runs with WIN98.
I've tried vuescan for linux which works for normal but not for transparency
scanning of color negatives. I would rather use xscanimage

Any hints?

Thanks

Rainer