[sane-devel] Acer 620S, not workkin

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:35:48 +0100

Max Ushakov wrote:

> > Did you check the cabling, bus termination and so on?
>
> It works with Windows in the same state of cables. It does not
> have a terminator. Could this be the problem (i.e. ok with no
> terminator in Win, but needing a terminator in Linux)?

Max,

perhaps the Windows driver selects a slower transfer rate than the linux
driver. With faster transfer rates, it is more likely to run into
trouble with improper cabling. But I have no idea, how to set parameters
for the atp870u driver :(

I have also no idea how to contact the author, Wu Ching Chen. But some
time after I wrote about the weird and unnecessary INQUIRY behaviour on
the linux-scsi mailing list, the fix went into the kernel sources...

Abel