[sane-devel] Endian problem with net authorization

wls@astro.umd.edu wls@astro.umd.edu
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:12:42 -0500 (EST)

The U of Maryland Dept of Astronomy has a Umax Astra 2400 scanner attached to
a Sparc running Solaris 7.  The sane backend software is at version 1.0.6.
The front end is xsane (0.83) running from a linux Intel PC (Mandrake 8.0 with
sane also upgraded to version 1.0.6).  No patches have been applied.  When I
request a preview scan the scan completes, then immediately an authorization
request window pops up.  No matter what I type the authorization window appears
and xsane immediately exits with "Broken Pipe" (I have never yet for the any
version of sane, for the last several years I have been using sane, on any
computer, been able to get that authorization window to work).

If the front end host is another Sparc then the authorization window does not
appear (within the limit of my patience to let the connection time out) and I
can scan.

I can send the output with SANE_DEBUG_NET=128 to whomever is interested.  Since
it is about 1.3 Mb I really shouldn't send it to the list.

Bill Sebok      Computer Software Manager, Univ. of Maryland, Astronomy
	Internet: wls@astro.umd.edu	URL: http://www.astro.umd.edu/~wls/