[sane-devel] sanei_thread.h and po

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:28:31 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 04:08:35PM +0100, Franz Bakan wrote:
> 1. one */ too much on line 34 of sanei_thread.h after the last changes
>    breaks compiling on OS/2

Oops. Fixed in CVS.

> 2. translations work here with Xsane, mustek and epson backends,

Cool.

>    but I have to create the .mo files manually,
>    make in sane-backends/po says 'nothing to do'
>    even if I configure with --enable-translations

I have seen thi on other platforms, too. I think the functions I use are
probably too new for the usual make. I'm using make 3.79.1. I will see if I
can find out which functions aren't supported by older versions of make and if
I can work around them.

>    make update-mo says 'lang no known command'
>
>    Is there something else necessary? Perhaps the generation of the
>    /po/Makefile is broken on OS/2

I don't think so. update-mo needs things like

ALL_MOS = $(filter-out saneopts.%.mo,$(addsuffix .mo,$(basename $(ALL_POS))))

and

ALL_POS = $(wildcard *.po)

Maybe I can work-around the missing functions with the $(shell ...) function,
if the older makes support at least this one.

Can you try the following Makefile:

test = $(shell echo hallo)
all:
	@echo $(test)

and just run "make"? Does it print "hallo"?

Currently sane-backends depends on make 3.70. This means that at least
$(foreach and $(addprefix are available.