[sane-devel] Question about backend translations

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:26:49 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 04:06:37PM +0100, mh wrote:
> But that wasn't my problem. I just like to know, whether the translation
> framework will stay the way it is, i.e. one translation file for every
> backend/language, or whether I should expect changes.

I don't intend to change anything concerning the current status: keep one .mo
file per backend per language. No other .mo files must be loaded by the
frontend. That's the reason why I didn't generate a saneopts.*.mo at all. It's
just an easy way to keep the text files separate.

The only thing that may change is the way the files are generated and
installed (because of the Makefile incompatibilities mentioned on sane-devel
elsewhere). But this will only affect the Makefile, not the resulting files.

> While looking at the latest changes, I thought that something like splitting
> the translation files *might* be planned (and since there's no public
> discussion about those issues on the list, one can only guess).

I'm open to discussion on any topic :-) As the NLS entry was on the TODO list
that long I just started to implement something.