[sane-devel] gimp not supported by xscanimage?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:01:52 +0100

Hi,

> I've tried to register xscanimage as a plugin for gimp-1.2. But when
> starting gimp I get the message: ~/gimp-1.2/plugins/xscanimage: Gimp
> support missing. The plugin doesn't turn up in XTNS-Menue.
>
> I've installed the sane-frontends-1.0.6 package.
>
> I can start xscanimage without problems.
>
> What's wrong?

"Configure" tries to locate the necessary gimp header files. If it doesn't
find them, Gimp support is not compiled in. Some distributions are delivering
the gimp header files in a separate package, on SuSE it's named "gimp-devel".

After installation of the header files you have to run "configure", "make"
and "make install" again for the sane frontends. Watch the output of
"configure" for messages about gimp support.

Regards,

Oliver