[sane-devel] Nikon Super CoolScan 4000 ED?

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:14:12 +0000

> >   http://coolscan2.sourceforge.net/
>
> I like that:
>
> >Now that I have the specifications for LS-40/4000/8000 from Nikon (a big
> >thank-you goes to Nikon Europe for supporting free software this way),
>
> Definitely good policy from Nikon. If only their scanner was not THAT
> expensive...

Even worse: from all I can tell, the LS-30 and LS-2000 only differ in
their firmware. At least the ADC is the same 12-bit model by Analog
Devices (AD9220), although the LS-30 only supports 10-bit output.

Not so in the newer series, because there are differences between the
LS-40 and LS-4000 in the resolution and the interface.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/