[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 on FreeBSD

JJ Behrens jj@nttmcl.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:15:10 -0800 (PST)

> Just out of curiosity you have your dev links as
>
> /dev/uscanner0
>
> Do you have a USB scanner? Do you want:
>
> /dev/usbscanner or /dev/usbscanner0?
>
> Do these links exist? Sounds silly but I did it once.

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. When I plug in the scanner, it gets assigned to
ugen0 address 2. There are a couple files in the kernel that are used to
recognized the USB device as a scanner and then associate it with
uscanner0. Actually, I had to alter these files to recognize my scanner
(thanks to an email I came across regarding Epson Perfection 1640). I'm
almost positive that this part is working as expected. I don't believe
that FreeBSD users need to set a symlink for /dev/usbscanner, unless they
find it convenient to do so.

Of course, I could be wrong on any of the above :)

Thanks,
-jj