[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 vs RedHat 7.2: not seen?

Pierre Sarrazin sarrazip@sympatico.ca
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:55:11 -0500

Dixit Karl Heinz Kremer <khk at khk dot net> (2002-01-24 21:36):
> The scanner should show up in 'cat /proc/bus/usb/devices' even
> when no scanner driver is loaded. I suspect that something is
> wrong with your cable. You write that you tried both ports,
> can you also try a different cable?

I am ashamed to say that I simply forgot that the USB function
was disabled in the BIOS settings...  After I enabled it, the
scanner showed up in 'cat /proc/bus/usb/devices' and the command

    modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0110

succeeded.  I was then able to scan an image by saying

    scanimage > image.pnm

The resolution is low, but I suppose I'll find a way to increase it.

Sorry for wasting your time...

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip at sympatico dot ca>