[sane-devel] Canon N70U (fwd)

Jaeger, Gerhard g.jaeger@earthling.net
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:34:46 +0100

Hi Mr. Kilgore,

sorry for the late response, I'm currently (well probably not onyl currently
;-)) very busy and so im bound to answer questinos concerning my work
on the LM983x stuff only late in the evening or at weekends...

Let me first try and answer the questions:
We know that inside the N670U resides a LM9833 chips because someone
was crazy enough and opened the device - and all our tests shows that
this is true - further parts of the current Plustek-Backends seems to
work with the scanner.
Currently I'm in contatc with Siegfried Loeffler who owns a Canon N670U
and tries to make the thing work.
CIS means Contact Image Sensor and is one possibility for a scanning
device to convert image information to digital data. CCD is the other
technical solution (Charged Coupled Device).

Well we work sometimes on documentation we got from the manufacturers
and sometimes on assumptions. (Of course wild guesses too ;-)

We hope to make the Canon device work as well, but there's no guarantee
for this...

Regards
   Gerhard Jaeger