[sane-devel] Upgrading to 1.0.7 - snapscan E20 not detected by scanimage

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:37:21 +0100

Hi,

> In the mustek_usb backend I'm using the following compromise: Try to
> detect all supported Mustek scanners by "usb vendor product" entries.
> If this doesn't work (because the kernel doesn't support it), the user
> must specify the device file and type of scanner manually. So with
> newer Linux kernels the user doesn't have to modify anything and the
> backend doesn't interfere with non-Mustek scanners.

Is it save to call sanei_usb_open(), sanei_usb_get_vendor_product() and
sanei_usb_close() on a SCSI device node? If there are no side effects I'll
change the behaviour for sane-1.0.8.

Regards,

Oliver