[sane-devel] viceo backend

Bob Young polaris9@mochamail.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:10:11 -0500

This may be the wrong place to ask for help - but it's the only place I
could find, so I hope to be tolerated...

I'm trying to use a Visioneer 6100 USB scanner, with the viceo backend
developed by Steven Ellis (see -
http://website.lineone.net/~dvnix/scanner/frame.html)

I have done everything described in the instructions - applied the patches
to kernel 2.4.17 and compiled it - applied the patches to the sane 1.0.5
sources, and the viceo module has been installed - and added the support
files provided.

My scanner works under windoze, my USB interface is working, and
recognizes the scanner, the scanner kernel module is loaded, but scanimage
does not detect it - in fact it just hangs and I have to kill it.

I get the following in /var/log/messages -

 kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
 kernel: scanner.c: write_scanner: NAK received.

- and that's all.

I have no other experience with any scanner under Linux, so I don't know
what to try next.  Can anyone help, please?

Bob Young