[sane-devel] Re: Problem compiling 1.0.7 on HPUX 10.20

Michael Piotrowski mxp@dynalabs.de
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:38:25 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 09:18:06AM +0100, Morten Sickel wrote:
> > I tried to compile the sane 1.0.7 backends on an HP 712 running
> > HP-UX 10.02

[...]

>> HP-UX cesium B.10.20 A 9000/712 2010654422 two-user license
>                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> It explodes with more than 2 simultaneous users? :-)

I see the smiley, but nevertheless: It doesn't explode, but it won't
allow more than two users to log in; however, all network logins count
as one user, so it's not really a restriction.  New HP-UX releases
don't use this licensing scheme anymore.

[...]

I'm currently on the road, but I'll be back on Saturday, and I'll also
look into it--since I wrote the README.hpux, I'll update it if a
different build procedure should be necessary.

> If it works: please also report if you can use shared libraries, if
> your SCSI scanner works, and if you can compile sane-frontends (for
> our statistics at http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-support.html which
> is very outdated for HPUX).

Well, I posted a comprehensive (except for sane-frontends) summary for
SANE 1.0.5 on HP-UX 10.20 and 11.00, with cc and gcc in October,
explicitly for addition to the "Supported Platforms" list--it seems it
never made it there :-(

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <mxp@dynalabs.de>